Think Before You Start - Discuss
Have you ever had a secret you didn’t ever want anyone to know about? How did it make you feel? What were you worried about?
Now download the extract and listen to the author read along with you.Download the extract
- Why does Ruby think she is an attention seeker, awkward loser, or loner?
- ‘That’s not completely true – there was a time before this.’ – What do you think is the intended impact of this sentence on the reader?
- Why is having noticeable hair not a positive thing? How does Georgia feel if she brought it up?
- Why is a class likened to an ecosystem?
- How are all the characters introduced in this chapter?
“We are LOVING this project! Total engagement from all abilities, super opportunities for group work. Thank you!”
Tollgate Community Junior School
The research behind LitFilmFest
In a four month research study supported by the UCL Institute of Education, we worked with 200 KS2 students across three schools to measure the efficacy of our approach.View research