Think Before You Start - Discuss
What do you think a detective cat might be like?
Now download the extract and listen to the author read along with you.Download the extract
- Why did Maximilian frown on page 2?
- Where does Maximilian live?
- What does the word ‘scampered’ mean on page 4?
- What does the phrase: ‘It was time to take matters into his own paws’ mean on page 5?
- How is the city different from what Maximilian is used to?
- Which simile is used on page 15?
- Which adjectives are used to describe the music on page 16?
- How is Maximilian different from Oscar the black cat?
“Upon viewing the first video with lesson one, my class was hooked, and upon seeing the clear success criteria, so was I. From a teacher perspective, I appreciated that everything for the whole project was so well organised.”
The research behind LitFilmFest
In a four month research study supported by the UCL Institute of Education, we worked with 200 KS2 students across three schools to measure the efficacy of our approach.View research