Think Before You Start - Discuss
What do you think a book named ‘Fire Boy’ could be about?
What kind of person might ‘Fire Boy’ be?
Now download the extract and listen to the author read along with you.Download the extract
- Can you summarise the text in a single sentence?
- Which words describe the mood of the text?
- Which words change the mood of the text?
- What structural techniques has the author used?
- What language techniques has the author used?
- How do you think the author wants the text to make people feel?
“I’ve used El Dorado twice now, and both times, the pupils and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. The resources save so much teacher time: lessons are planned and easy to understand and IWB and printable resources are ready to use or adapt. ”
Sherriffhales Primary School
The research behind LitFilmFest
In a four month research study supported by the UCL Institute of Education, we worked with 200 KS2 students across three schools to measure the efficacy of our approach.View research