Think Before You Start - Discuss
What do you think a book named ‘Fire Boy’ could be about?
What kind of person might ‘Fire Boy’ be?
Now download the extract and listen to the author read along with you.Download the extract
- Can you summarise the text in a single sentence?
- Which words describe the mood of the text?
- Which words change the mood of the text?
- What structural techniques has the author used?
- What language techniques has the author used?
- How do you think the author wants the text to make people feel?
“We created some great little videos but the writing was the thing that stood out. The sentence level work was really easy to integrate into the flow of the lessons and made a big difference to the quality of work.”
STEP Turnham Academy
The research behind LitFilmFest
In a four month research study supported by the UCL Institute of Education, we worked with 200 KS2 students across three schools to measure the efficacy of our approach.View research