Think Before You Start - Discuss
Have you ever been on an adventure?
Now download the extract and listen to the author read along with you.Download the extract
- Can you describe Beth French’s adventures in a few sentences?
- How does the author mix speech and narrative?
- Which writing techniques are used to describe action?
- Which words show how Beth was feeling?
- What was Beth told to do if she ever met a shark?
“It was great to see children who normally find it hard to put pencil to paper really hooking into the creative aspect of the project and finding genuine motivation to write.”
St George’s International Primary School
The research behind LitFilmFest
In a four month research study supported by the UCL Institute of Education, we worked with 200 KS2 students across three schools to measure the efficacy of our approach.View research